Friday, October 14, 2016

LL & A's Monthly Tag

Welcome back to Alexis from I'M MAD FOR BOOKS, LUV and mine monthly book tag.  I know that it has been some time since the last, but I am glad to me posting this meme yet again!

Every month we thought it would be fun to come up with a theme and to go along with that chosen theme, a tag. However it wouldn't be just your average tag, the questions would relate to books which in the end will also relate back to our theme for that month. So I guess you could call it a book tag.
To see the officially launch page click here 

We welcome anyone to join. If you do participate, we ask that you notify one of us via My Twitter or Alexis's Twitter, or by commenting on either of our posts with the link to how you did this book tag. In doing so it allows us to add the link to your book tag to that months book tag post on our blogs. We also ask that you somehow link back to us as well.

..................................................... 
 This Months theme is:
Inktober...

Now for those of you who are unaware of what Inktober is, it is a drawing challenge that takes places during the month of October. Since me and Alexis both love art and drawing we thought it would be cool to create a tag around this topic, but still have it relate back to books and or fanart. So here we go...

1) What type of art do you like the seeing most?
I love love love digitally drawn pictures, though if I am going more for traditional look I love Oil paintings. Especially the ones with tons of texture.

2) Last fanart/art related item you bought? (Or book if nothing)
Does it count that I received Stalking Jack the Ripper fanart from PhantomRin? The very lovely Kerri mailed one to her loyal Knights of the White Chapel. If that doesn’t count then my last art related item would have been a new sketchbook.

3) What bookish animal would you like to see drawn?
I feel like this is sort of a tough question, but if I were to see some bookish creature(animals) being drawn I would love to see colourful displays of the monsters and Phoenix from Amanda Sun’s Heir to the Sky.

4) Your favorite Halloween art you've seen this year (or previous years)
I will forever be in love with The Adams family movies especially during Halloween, and I am pretty sure if I could I would’ve dressed up as Wednesday Adams for eternity. So when Halloween rolls around I always love seeing the different takes on her. This year I have already found my one. It is created by Leilani Joy    
5) Favourite cover illustration that was digitally painted?
OMG if you know anything about me then you should already know my answer to this question. For the past year and a half I have been OBSESSED with the Air Awakens series, but better yet the cover of the series. 
Okay so maybe you thought I was going to say that series, well I’m not. I thought Elise’s cover’s couldn’t get any better… well they did. I am completely in love with The Alchemists of Loom cover. I could just stare at it all day and night. Elise has definitely been blessed with such amazing cover artists.

6) Who is a character you'd want to having drawing and inking lessons with?
Who.. Who.. There are so many characters I could choose, so many who I want to choose. I think I would find drawing and Inking classes fun with Rhysand from A Court of Thorns and Roses mainly because I feel that halfway through he would decide to become the model to which everyone would then have to draw him for fun.

7) Favourite interior drawn design of a book?
Six of Crows. Hands down. I knew the answer to the question before I even had the chance to type away. The inside of Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo is by far one of the more stunning things I have ever laid my eyes on.

8) What is your favourite artistically inclined book character?
I am taking a trip down memory lane and saying Alyssa Gardner from A.G. Howard’s Splintered Series. I was so in love with the fact that she was so creative throughout the whole series.

9) What is your favourite fan art drawing?
WHY. There are so many beautiful creations, however one that has always stuck with me is the portrait done of Morpheus from the Splintered Series written by A.G. Howard and the piece was done by Agustina Zanelli. This was completely how I imagined Morpheus to look like 
 
10) Who are 3 of your favourite fan art artist?
My Number 1 definitely has to be PhantomRim. I am constantly loving their work and what they create. My second is Yuu Em, now she does fan art for Anime’s and they are just astounding. My last favourite fan artist is Cassandra Jean who has created some pretty amazing Cassandra Clare fan art.
 Did you like this tag? I personally LOVED doing this one. Which was your favourite question?

No comments: